Exactech GPS Guided Surgery – Have you ever experienced your vehicle when it is out of alignment—your car movement doesn’t feel right and your tires may produce uneven wear, requiring you to need a new set? Joints in the bodywork in a very similar fashion.
When patients require a total joint replacement, proper placement and alignment of the implant are critical to the implant’s overall longevity and function. Exactech GPS Guided Surgery combines surgeon expertise with an advanced computer system, similar to a navigation device in your car, to perform your joint replacement surgery with a goal of advanced accuracy and precision.
Exactech GPS Guided Surgery pairs surgeon expertise with an advanced computer system to perform the patient’s shoulder surgery with a goal of improved accuracy and precision.
- The ExactechGPS Shoulder Application’s preoperative planning tool is designed to help surgeons understand their patient’s anatomy prior to surgery and plan the surgery through a virtual simulation
- Surgeons can execute their plan in real time during the surgery based on a 3-D anatomical model of the patient’s shoulder, making adjustments as needed
- Gives greater visibility to the shoulder anatomy, allowing for more consistent and accurate implant placement.
- Paired with Exactech’s Equinoxe Shoulder System, which has demonstrated excellent biomechanics and outcomes in its more than 10 years of use, as proven by more than 80 peer-reviewed clinical studies
When it comes to knee replacement, accurate placement and alignment of the implant components are critical to the overall longevity and function of the implant. Traditionally, surgeons have used pre-operative X-rays, instrumentation and special techniques to plan the surgery and calculate the fit and positioning of the total knee implant. While this has worked well for many years, studies have shown the risk of implant failure increases substantially when the implant is outside of three degrees of alignment. ExactechGPS was developed to assist surgeons to meet their goals of precision and accuracy in total joint replacements; it has been shown to be accurate with less than one degree of variability.*
- ExactechGPS Guided Personalized Surgery: provides your surgeon with a comprehensive view (3-D model) of your unique knee joint and bone structure, which can be difficult to view during traditional knee surgery
- Allows your surgeon to easily make adjustments to ensure accuracy and precision based on your unique anatomy
- Can be combined with less invasive approaches that have been shown to result in less blood loss and faster recovery times
- Combined with the Exactech knee system that has proven design, proven materials and proven performance over time